Thursday, August 14, 2008

Clairebear


Sweet Clairebear


On this day before we leave for the Mayo Clinic I wanted to share my thoughts with you. Two years and 3 1/2 months ago, God blessed me with a beautiful little girl... Claire Campbell, who quickly earned the nickname Clairebear. Although these past 2 years have been filled with struggle and trials, you have perservered. Every time I look at you, I see the presence of God and I am reminded of several things. The Bible is filled with verses which speak to my heart and give my strength for the days which we have already lived through and the days in which to come:


"Be still (Claire and Mandy) and know that I am God, and I will be exalted among the nations. " Psalm 46:10


"For God created your inmost being, He knit you together in my womb. I praise God because you are fearfully and wonderfully made; His works are wonderful, I know that full well. " Psalm 139:13-14


"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you" Psalm 143:8


"In this I greatly rejoice, though now for a little while we may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that our faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fired--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed." 1 Peter 1:6-7


Clairebear--Your daddy and I are so very proud of you and it is an honor being your mommy and daddy. We love you.


We do not know what this trip holds for us. But we are praying for God's will to be done. We are praying that somehow, someway we might be able to share about the love of God with someone else.

3 comments:

FNL said...

Mandy-Tim is out of the hospital after his transplant. He will be having a biopsy 8 am Monday. We'll have appointments Tues. Would love to meet you guys if you have a break in appointments. The verses you posted are wonderful. May God give you the strength you need through this journey. I gave your Mom my cell number.
Love, Lenie Vernon

Kim said...

I'm praying for you this weekend especially!
I've been keeping up through your blog, but just recently figured out I can post comments, since I have a blog now. :)
Hope, Claire and Molly are SO precious and yes, gifted! They are so blessed with you two as parents, too!
Love, hugs and prayers,
Kim

Kelly said...

Praying for you guys! Love your posts on Claire & the Bible verses! A good reminder for all parents.