Saturday, August 23, 2008

On our way home

We got discharged today! yeah! We will be making our way home. Claire did great. We started her steroid treatment on Thursday and she has tolerated it well. I have gotten to give her last 2 shots---yikes! The second time was better than the first for both of us. But I think I will be looking forward to this time to be over. There is a reason I didn't go into the field of nursing! ha! We should hope to see some results maybe in about 3 weeks but of course some kids need the full treatment before seeing anything.
God has been good... and as a great friend of mine said... He is such a show off sometimes. This treatment is quite expensive, like several new cars expensive, the first 2 vials of it were covered by our insurance... but our insurance starts over Sept 1, so we were going to have to pay out of pocket for the next 2 vials, however, God allowed for the company to agree to ship all four vials up front--so we have NO expense! Thank you God!
Thank you God also for this trip, our many friends, doctors and nurses who made it possible and has helped with all sorts of things along the way. We are fully trusting in God to complete the journey!

3 comments:

stephanie said...

I hope you have safe travels. Love you all!!

Kelly said...

Great work God is doing in Claire and your family! I'm sure you will all learn much and be stronger because of it. Will be praying for your return home and the next few weeks.

FNL said...

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I read your blog that you were in the hospital learning your new talents of "shot giver". I totally appreciate that these are not things we would ever anticipate doing in our lives, yet "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength". I will continue to keep up with Claires progress through your blog. So glad I got to meet you all. I bet it's great to have everyone home together again.