Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Gifted

Today after Molly and Hope left with mom and dad, Claire and I ran to the library to check out some info for Hope's school. While there a lady came up to Claire to check out her curly hair, and then she said.... "she's gifted, isn't she?" Now I know she meant that she is a special needs child, but it struck me that yes, Claire is gifted. She is gifted in that through her presence, she draws people to her. She is gifted by God with a quiet spirit, incredible strength and perserverance. She is gifted because she is a child of God.

This week leading up to us going to the Mayo clinic, I have been praying that God would give me verses of assurance and strength. And today this one came to mind:

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

Thank you God for gifting me with Claire and for gifting Claire with perfect gifts.

No comments: